Wednesday, January 12, 2011

On Fire

I struggle with finding "interesting topics" to post about in this blog, which is why I haven't posted in a few days. I was a tad stressed because I haven't really posted about sewing and the name of this blog is Catholic Girl Sewing, soo you kind of expect something about sewing right? Lol.  I'm sure eventually I will in fact post about a sewing project. Really though this blog is a way for me to vent. An online journal in a way. And the most important thing for me is to share about my faith here. So today I'm feeling the fire of the Holy Spirit. Glory to God because I asked and he delivered. In church I often see those people that carry around their bible with pride, and when they speak, these beautiful and eloquent words flow from them and your just left in awe because they're so knowledgeable of the word of God and just so in love with the Lord.  I've often found myself wondering, "How come I cant be more like them?" I ask God to make me more like them. "Give me that fire". I love God, and I praise him for all the amazing things that he's done in my life. Some people may never ever know the miracles that God has performed in my life, in only 2 and half years after I first said yes to the Lord in my first retreat. And of course I know there's lots more to come in my future. 
Tonight I just wanted to remind you that prayer has power. So pray. Pray to God with your whole heart and if that something you are asking for is good for you, then your Father in Heaven who loves you and wants nothing but the best for you shall grant that petition. In your prayers always be humble and put your whole trust in the Lord. Trust that whatever the outcome, he knows best. The more we open our hearts to God, the more in-tune we'll be with him and the Holy Spirit, and it'll be amazing the things he helps you see and understand. When you choose to walk with him, you choose to believe in him above all others. Thank you my Lord for showing me that yes the fire is there. All I have to do is keep my grip strong on your hand and that little flame will grow stronger and stronger, and no fear, no trials, nothing will ever be able to extinguish that fire my Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment