Monday, March 14, 2011

Creating and sticking to your To Do List


To Do Lists are a great tool to planning and staying focused throughout your day. I started making lists a long while ago, however I’ve never been great at sticking to them. Recently though I’ve started making more of an effort to jotting important tasks down and completely them. I am the queen of procrastination and time-wasting. If you look up procrastination in the dictionary I’m sure you’ll find a note about me somewhere. Very bad habits to have, so I’m trying to kick them. I’m praying about it, but I’m also putting in the effort. 
Today I woke up late which I tend to do and then when this happens my day somehow automatically becomes unproductive. However I did not let that happen today. I tried as much as I could to stick to my Monday to do list.  I make my to do list for each day the night before. I learned this from an old supervisor I had at my old job. She would carry a small spiral notepad everywhere she went and she would always be jotting stuff down then she would cross things off as she completed those tasks. So today’s to do list read like this:


TO DO List  Monday 3/14/2011


Church 
Let Vinny out 
Take Vinny to the park 
Gym
Clean in progress
Flat sketching/ set up online portfolio sketching time planned for later tonight
Job search
Book time/ Bible time reading time planned for later tonight


Yes i even jot down little things like let Vinny out. I dunno why, I guess just to micro manage myself lol. There were some things I didn’t do, like go to the gym, but I still feel satisfied that I had a productive day and that’s really the point, getting yourself in gear and making progress  I’ve already written up my to do list for tomorrow and hopefully I’ll stick to it more closely than today‘s. There’s always things that add themselves to the day, but that’s part of life. Always move forward and be productive! So if you don’t already, I invite you to start making to do lists for yourself, and see how much more you can get done! I especially recommend it if like me, you tend to procrastinate about things, or get distracted and waste the day with unimportant stuff. Well have a lovely evening all and I wish you a very productive and blessed Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment